At turns peaceful, playful, and provocative, Poems of Earth and Spirit is a collection of poetry and practices that draws us into deeper kinship with all life. Through Kai Siedenburg’s intimate explorations of the natural world, we experience cross-cultural communication with chickadees, loving encounters with trees, and the gratitude of thirsty plants quenched by rain. And through carefully crafted practices we discover our own intimate encounters with nature in cities and wild places alike. For those seeking a connection with nature that nourishes mind, body, and spirit, this book is a gift.
• Seventy original poems co-created by Kai Siedenburg and the natural world
• More than 40 practices to help deepen your connection with nature wherever you are
• Thirteen beautiful illustrations by Christi Voenell
- Santa Cruz: Bookshop Santa Cruz, the Homeless Garden Project store, Eco-Goods, and Pure Water
- Other Central Coast locations: The 1440 Multiversity in Scotts Valley; Slow Coast stores in Davenport and Pescadero; the Phoenix Shop at Nepenthe and the Henry Miller Library in Big Sur
- Sierra foothills: Earth in Nevada City
Kindle version now available!
For bulk orders and discounts, contact Kai Siedenburg.
A portion of the sales of this book raises funds in aid of TreeSisters and supports tropical reforestation.
Advance praise for Poems of Earth and Spirit:
“Beautiful, heart-felt poems for connecting with the Earth.”
—Joseph Bharat Cornell, author of Sharing Nature and Deep Nature Play: A Guide to Wholeness, Aliveness, Creativity, and Inspired Learning.
“Brimming with insight and imagination, Kai Siedenburg’s debut collection of poems explores our relationship to nature in provocative ways… To spend time with this collection is like sitting by a pure mountain stream; we are filled with peace, wonder, and delight.”
—Mary Reynolds Thompson, author of Embrace Your Inner Wild: 52 Reflections for an Eco-Centric World and Reclaiming the Wild Soul: How Earth’s Landscapes Restore Us to Wholeness.
“I’ve been sharing Kai’s poems with my students and workshop participants for years. I love how they help people to see the natural world more clearly and appreciate it more profoundly… her poems invite us into a more intimate relationship with all of life.”
—Ariana Candell, LMFT, R-DMT, Ecotherapist and Founder of The Earthbody Institute.
“What I want from poetry is what Kai gives me, to see anew and to feel deeply, to be reminded of who I am. As she sees the earth do, she gives her poems everything she’s got. Brava, Kai Siedenburg, Brava!”
—Patrice Vecchione, author of Step into Nature: Nurturing Imagination & Spirit in Everyday Life.